Yes, there was a part 1. Back in the Friendster blog era in 2007, I think, when it still wasn’t spammed by invites for orgies.
As I’ve intro-ed then, there are simple stuff in everyday existence from which we can derive joy, which is a very trite (but still very true) concept anyway. But unlike my touchy-feely feel-good crap motivation then, this new list is written to snap me out of this 3-month old anhedonia. I am not making inarte—every food has been tasting bland, every conversation has been dragging, every comic book or toy has been… wait, they’re still fun. I love comic books and toys. They’re fun.
So in the spirit of that crappy white plastic bag flying in the air or whatever in American Beauty, here are some… barf… simple joys in life. Part 2!
1. The callroom phone being dead for one reason or another.
2. Writing these five wonderful words: Signing out from daily rounds.
3. Getting the free iced tea for placing first in Lazer Tag. I haven’t won it, I suck. But HIV has won gallons of the thing and I’m being vicarious.
4. Ambulance parking lot. Because you can schedule ambulance conductions there.
5. Fun facebook photos, of which there are only two so far: The Beef Jerky Uni-horned Mexican Alanis Whore photo, and the Nude Red Tyanak Climbing Mount Doom photo. Both alter-egos of Pam Patdu.
6. Finally finding a missing chart hidden behind a window or on top of that huge air humidifier thingie after hours of searching in the ER.
7. Voltage with Smoketh and Frichmond while fake-studying.
8. The Blackest Night.
9. A patient’s bantay finally showing up after missing for days on end.
10. Nubain. Mmmmm, nubain. It can make you vomit, but mmmmmm, nubain. No, wait, I’m joking, I’m not a junkie. But mmmmmm, nubain.