Just a very quick tsundoku reportage of recent purchases, more for accountability. Looking at this as my version of daily body check photos of people determined to work-out with regularity, to push themselves to keep with the habit.
- The Illustrated Man by Ray Bradbury– I started reading this in my palm pilot back in 2003, which made me realize that reading on digital devices is not my thing. Bejeweled and Insaniquarium were just too distracting!
- The Philippines Is Not A Small Country by Gideon Lasco- who was a year younger than me in the UP College of Medicine. Able to finish 4 essays so far.
- Rampa by Danton Remoto- who always writes very engaging essays. Also, how could I resist a P50 book in National.
- Butch Dalisay’s A Richness of Embarrassments and other Easy Essays- some of the lighter-themed essays from his column in the Philippine Star. Most specially love those about his travels, fountain pen, and typewriters.
- What I Wanted To Be When I Grow Up by Christina Pantojo-Hidalgo
- Mikrobyong Maliit, Pandemyang Pasakit- by my good buddy Dr. Jondi Buensalido, an infectious disease specialist. I could hear his voice reading these poems. Poems about COVID with a historical perspective.
- Penmanship by Butch Dalisay
- Kissing Through A Handkerchief and Other Travel Tales- by Dr. Alice Sun-Cua, a traveller, OB-gynecologist, essayist. Can’t wait to take a crack at this!
- To Love Another Day: The Memoirs of Cory Aquino- In keeping with this month’s themes of never forgetting and hoarding stuff that will attempt to foil forgetfulness!
- Beauty’s Punishment by Anne Rice aka AN Roquelaure- Recommended search terms: vegetables, holes, welts, slapping, fucking, punishment, sucking, pain, pleasure, sex sex sex. Sex.